Hi there,

Please consider registering for an account. Registration is free, only takes a minute and will allow you to see attachments and access to members only boards. If you already have an account with us, then click here to log in.

Louisiana Camping - A website by Louisiana Campers for Louisiana Campers

Author Topic: New to me camper  (Read 10878 times)

Offline FloydTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: 0
  • RV: none
New to me camper
« on: Aug 31, 2016, 7:52 PM »
 :D Well I did it, went out and bought a 30 ftr. My house flooded and I'm living in it in my yard. My friend has been on me to get one but I didn't want to get it this way.  [smiley=banghead.gif]

Offline WestwegoMan

• Global Moderator
  • Administrator
  • RV: 2023 Jayco Jay Feather 25RB
Re: New to me camper
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2016, 6:53 PM »
I saw the posts on FB about your flooding. I can't even imagine going through something like that. That must really turn a world upside down.

I went out to Sorrento that Wednesday and put the boat in the water on La. 22 @ Airline Hwy. We pulled out quite a few people and pets. If I ever have the opportunity to do it again, I'll be right in it again but, hopefully that scenario never plays out again.

Now that you have that camper, we gonna have to start planning some excursions when you get things back to normal.

Offline FloydTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • RV: none
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2016, 8:24 PM »
I was able to get in our mobile home my daughter was living in. She moved two weeks after the flood to Mississippi so as soon as she vacated her things we moved in. Sold the camper the next day to another flood victim. I have to say the camper was pretty nice and I would have enjoyed it under other circumstances but after living in it for three weeks it kind of ruined it for me for a while. Maybe later on I may look into another.

Offline FRANK CARTER

• RV: Prowler
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2024, 9:52 PM »
I lived in French Settlement for 7 yrs on river, Several floods, house was 10' up. Kids got older and wife wore white nurses uniform in boats, just got tuff. Helped a lot of people out. Really miss that country.

Privacy Statement

Louisiana Camping - A website by Louisiana Campers for Louisiana Campers
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal